I bought my DL4 from a friend a few years ago for $75. The previous previous owner had spray painted it black. Switch C never worked right. It worked well enough, and I used it live for well over a year.
Here it is, on the desk o’ effects. Note the craptacular paint job.
I figured it was the switch itself that was buggered. Line 6 doesn’t use an actual momentary stomp switch. The switch on the modeler pedals is just a metal poker that activates a tactile switch. Super chincy.
So I ordered some switches that I prayed would fit:
They fit, but I had to desolder the existing tactile switches. What a pain in the ass. Normally, my extra strong solder pump makes quick business of such mundane tasks. But in an effort to scrimp every god-damn penny out of the product, Line6 wave soldered all the components. Which uses very little solder. And makes it an epic pain to desolder.
Anyway, here’s what I ended up with. The case took a vacation to the bead blaster at work:
And vaguely put back together:
everything works again, and so far it looks pretty good. Still need to get everything back together. Just need to see about getting it painted, or if I want to leave it bare aluminum. Also considering finding some obnoxious colored 3mm LED’s to replace the stock red. Anything but blue.
For $10 in switches and a sweaty couple minutes in front of the bead blaster, I’m happy.